This article explains how to make changes to the Global Navigation. Such changes will not appear instantly for all users as the items are cached for up to 7 days for performance reasons. To ensure you have the latest Global Navigation items on a specific device, open the Atlas menu in the top right and click Clear cache at the bottom of the menu.
- To add new items to the Global Navigation or edit existing ones, first access the Term Store as noted in this article: Managing Atlas Term Sets for Metadata and Navigation
- On the left-hand side of the Term Store you can see the different Term Set groups. Open the Atlas Navigation term group and open the Global Navigation term set:
- To add a term, click the 3 dots on the right of the term under which you want to add a new term, then choose the option Add term, type the label and press enter to add it.
Please note that the term "Global Navigation" is the top level under which all the navigation terms sit, so you should only ever create terms within that area.
- To edit a term, click it in the left-hand panel to load the details in the right-hand panel. At the top of the right panel you can rename, copy, move or delete the term.
- To set the URL for navigation, click the term on the left, then choose Navigation in the right-hand panel, then click Edit next to the Navigation options:
- A new panel will appear on the right. You can set the Title and Hover text here, and also set the navigation URL. You should always choose Simple link or header, then paste the URL into the box. Click Save at the bottom of the panel:
Please sign in to leave a comment.