Devices used to access Atlas and ConneX should meet the same requirements as required by Microsoft 365. In addition to Microsoft 365 requirements being met as a requirement for Atlas features to function normally there are few additional requirements to be taken into account.
These requirements are evergreen because they will evolve over time as more features are added to Microsoft 365. The latest version of the system requirements for Microsoft 365 is always available at this link: https://products.office.com/en-GB/office-system-requirements
If you would like to see the software boundaries and limits for Atlas, please see the article linked here: Software Boundaries and Limits of Atlas
- It's strongly recommended to use Chromium based browsers (e.g. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome) to have the best experience on Atlas.
- We DO NOT support Internet Explorer or legacy versions of Microsoft Edge for use with Atlas. Internet Explorer users are recommended to move to Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) because support for Internet Explorer and Edge legacy versions was dropped by Microsoft in 2021.
- When using Chrome, Safari or Firefox these browsers should be updated to the latest version (or the immediate previous version) to avoid problems and provide a consistent user experience.
- The Microsoft 365 version of Office desktop clients is strongly recommended.
If a non 365 desktop license is used for Office applications then Office 2019 or later should be installed if possible. Older versions of Office may be compatible but support is not guaranteed. Microsoft 365 applications can be installed on user machines and other devices from http://portal.office.com after logging in with the relevant Microsoft 365 account.
Mobile and Tablet
- It is strongly recommended to use Chromium based browsers on Android OS devices and Safari in iOS/iPadOS devices for the best browser based mobile experience in Atlas with the latest OS upgrades in each mobile operating system.
- Mobile native Microsoft applications like the Teams app and the SharePoint app provide supported experiences for Atlas (always in their most recent updates).
Microsoft Teams Web App
As communicated in MC220490 (August ’20), Microsoft 365 apps and services will be focusing their efforts on modern browser support over the coming year. As a result, the Microsoft Teams web app will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) after November 30, 2020. After November 30, 2020, users will be unable to access the Teams web app from IE 11 and be notified to use the desktop app or access the web app from Microsoft Edge.