In this article:
Managing User Profile Properties
As an Administrator, we are able to decide which properties are available to appear in the User Profile page (Delve) and which of those properties will be editable for users. User Profile properties are managed through the SharePoint Central Admin portal.
- First click the “waffle” icon in the top left to open the App Launcher:
- Open the Admin portal by clicking the “Admin” tile:
- At the bottom of the left navigation, under the Admin centres heading, click SharePoint. From the SharePoint Admin Centre click “Classic SharePoint admin ce…”
- From the Classic SharePoint Admin Centre click user profiles:
- In the User Profiles section click Manage User Properties:
- In this section will appear all properties that are available to show in the User Profile page, furthermore you will be able to choose which of them need to appear in edit mode for standard users. Apart from that, an Administrator can create new properties that will appear in the User Profile page.
Note: New fields added to the User Profile after the initial Atlas deployment will not be shown in the People Listing page when searching.
Adding new User Profile Properties
- To create a new User Profile property first click and fill in the details. This first section is just related to the title and internal name of the property:
- Next is the most important part; we will decide in this section if the property will be required (RED), and whether it will be visible for all users or just the subject of the User Profile (BLUE). We will also check the option to allow users to edit that property (GREEN) and the option to show the property in the User Profile page (PURPLE) and the Edit Profile page (ORANGE):
- In the final section, we will check the “Indexed” field to index this property in the search crawl:
- The options beyond this further down the page can be left alone. Scroll all the way to bottom and click OK in the bottom right to save the new property:
Please sign in to leave a comment.