In this article:
- Pre-configured In Focus web parts
- Pre-configured In Focus Filters web parts
- Edit or Delete content shown in In Focus web parts
- Full article: Edit or Delete Atlas content
- Layouts for In Focus web parts
- Full article: Layouts for In Focus web parts
- Placeholder Imagery for In Focus tiles
- Additional configuration
- Full article: Configuration for In Focus web parts
- Quick Add It
Introduction to In Focus web parts
The In Focus web part allows you to pull a variety of Atlas content into your page. Content shown in the In Focus web part can be refined by the user using the In Focus Filters web part, otherwise it will show all available content unfiltered. Below you can see a page configured with an In Focus web part, In Focus Verticals, In Focus Filters web part and In Focus Search Box web part connected together:
For most types of content, each item returned in the web part displays a card with an image, title, date and a small banner noting the type of content, e.g. News, Events, Knowledge, although there are a number of other layouts that can be used such as Accordion which is used for FAQs.
To view an item or article from an In Focus web part you can usually just click anywhere on the item to navigate to it. Additionally, cards include a "quick actions" menu giving quick access to the source library and more. Learn about this here: Enhanced In Focus Cards
Depending on your Atlas version you will have access to additional layouts such as "Hero Carousel", "In the Spotlight" and "Visual Tiles" which are described in the relevant section. We continue to add layouts as needed as we develop the product.
Pre-configured In Focus web parts
Atlas allows you to use the In Focus web part to pull in content matching your requirements, but we also provide some pre-configured web parts with default filtering applied. All these web parts can be found by searching "atlas" when adding a web part to a page:
- Communication In Focus (pre-filtered to Communications content)
- Documents (pre-filtered to Documents)
- Emails (pre-filtered to Emails - only those that were uploaded to Atlas)
- Events (pre-filtered to Events)
- External Insights (pre-filtered to External Insights)
- FAQs (pre-filtered to FAQs)
- Knowledge In Focus (pre-filtered to Knowledge content)
- Knowledge Pages (pre-filtered to Knowledge Pages without Documents)
- Landing Pages (pre-filtered to Landing Pages)
- Location Pages (pre-filtered to Location Pages)
- News (pre-filtered to News Pages)
- People Directory (pre-filtered to People from your Azure AD)
- Spotlights (pre-filtered to Spotlights)
- Useful Links In Focus (pre-filtered to Useful Links).
Pre-configured In Focus Filters web parts
You can pair any In Focus Filters web part with any In Focus web part to filter the results, but you generally want to use the In Focus Filters web part that best matches the content you will show. So if you'll be showing Documents, add the Documents In Focus Filters web part.
- Communication In Focus Filters
- Documents Filters
- Email Filters
- Events Filters
- External Insights Filters
- FAQs Filters
- Knowledge In Focus Filters
- Knowledge Pages Filters
- Landing Pages Filters
- Location Pages Filters
- News Filters
- People Directory Filters
- Spotlights Filters.
Edit or Delete content shown in In Focus web parts
To Edit or Delete Atlas content please check this article: Edit or Delete Atlas content
Layouts for In Focus web parts
The following article provides more information and visual examples of the available layouts: Layouts for In Focus web parts
Placeholder Imagery for In Focus tiles
The imagery or preview for each tile is determined by the content being returned. Pages, Events, External Insights and Spotlights will show the thumbnail or main page image used in that content. Documents supported by M365 (Office, PDF, Email) will show a preview of the document.
For content where the image cannot be loaded for some reason or does not exist, the image will be replaced with a placeholder, for example:
In Atlas version 3.1 and onward, where content is not assigned an Atlas content type, the "unknown type" imagery will be used:
Change placeholder imagery
To change these default and unknown type images, you'll need at least Member permissions to the Atlas Configuration workspace.
- Go to the Atlas Configuration workspace
- Click Atlas Assets in the left-hand navigation menu
- Open the Placeholders folder
- Check out the image you want to replace
- Upload your replacement image with the same filename and overwrite the existing image
- Publish the image.
If the pre-configured web parts do not meet your specific requirement you can either apply additional configuration from the following section to meet your requirement, or instead add the basic In Focus and In Focus Filters web parts and configure them as needed.
Below is a quick summary of the configuration available, but for a full explanation of all options, please see the full article here: Configuration for In Focus web parts
- In the first panel when you edit the web part you can add search query keywords if you do not have specific tags available:
- At the bottom of the panel you can click Next to move to the second panel. Here we have two sections which can be expanded / collapsed - Search settings, Paging settings, Quick Add It settings (3.3+) and Web part settings (3.1+):
- Search settings control which items are returned, how they are sorted and filtered, and whether to connect to an In Focus Filters web part.
- Paging settings control whether paging is used, and if so how many items per page and how many pages. You can also show or hide paging controls.
- Quick Add It settings (3.3+) control whether Quick Add It can be used from this web part and what types of content are offered.
- Web part settings (3.1+) allow you to export and import global or workspace specific configurations for In Focus web parts so that you can reuse a complex configuration rather than having to rebuild it on every page where it is used. For more information on this feature see here: Export and Import Settings for In Focus web parts
- Click Next at the bottom of the panel again to go to the last page which has two sections - Styling options and Template options:
- Styling options control visibility, title and results layout
- Template options control columns shown in List mode, whether to show file type icons, whether to display in Compact mode.
Quick Add It
From Atlas 3.3 any In Focus web part can be configured with Quick Add It to allow content to be added directly from the web part without leaving the current page. Learn more: Quick Add It (Atlas 3.3+)
Please sign in to leave a comment.