To learn how to add FAQs please see the following article: Add an FAQ
Please note that FAQs will react to the page they are displayed on, so you should not change the text or background colour for the Answer. If you change it the text may be difficult or impossible to read when using certain theme or background colours.
The FAQs (Atlas) component lets you present information in a question and answer format. The component is compact - only showing the questions until you interact with it. Clicking on a question expands it to show the answer. Answers can include text, images, links and more. We recommend showing a maximum of 10 items in a single FAQ component to avoid overwhelming users.
The FAQs web part is based on the In Focus web part in Atlas, using a specific layout "Accordion". When using the default configuration it will show all the FAQs created in Atlas matching the metadata on the current page or workspace. You can add the web part to as many pages as you wish to show FAQs on many different pages, but they will be filtered by tags in different areas, for example filtering by a specific Department or Location set against the page where they appear.
In this article:
See all FAQs
To see all the Atlas FAQs in a Listing Page, click the Search button in the Atlas header, then select the FAQs scope. You can either type a query or just click in the search box and press enter to return everything:
Within the Listing Page you can then see all the items, apply filters and change the sort order.
To learn how to configure additional filtering, please see the following article: Refinement Filters configuration for In Focus web parts
Edit or Delete FAQs
To add new FAQs you should use Add It and follow the article linked here:
To delete or edit existing FAQs, start by making sure you are in the correct Atlas workspace when you start because each one has its own FAQs list.
- Go to Site Contents from the Settings menu in the top right:
- Scroll down and open the FAQs list by clicking on the name:
- To Edit an existing FAQ, right click on it or click the 3 dots, then choose Edit from the dropdown:
- Or to Delete an FAQ right click on it or click the 3 dots, then choose Delete from the dropdown.
- Clicking Edit will open a panel on the right which lets you change your FAQ item. You must fill in required fields noted with a * to be able to save the item.
- The Question is a single line of text while the Answer can have multiple lines of text and also include images, tables, links etc.
- The Order is an integer and must be considered with respect to the other FAQs in the list.
- Show must be set to Yes in order for the item to appear on pages.
- You can change the Atlas Global Metadata if you need to change where your FAQ appears.
- Once you have added or edited all the required information, click Save at the bottom of the panel.
- As long as the Show toggle is set to "Yes" you will see your FAQ updated within a few minutes.