The My Links component is found within the Atlas menu, and allows users to define their own links accessible from anywhere within Atlas. Users can add their own specific links, or choose from Suggested Links provided by the organisation.
This feature is particularly useful if you commonly access Atlas from multiple different devices, as your links will be the same whichever device you use.
Also check our Quick Reference Guide
In this article:
Access My Links
To access My Links, click the Atlas button in the top right and then choose My Links:
You will then see any links you already added listed below. Click on a link to navigate to it.
Manage My Links
To add or edit the items in your personal My Links list, open the list as above and click the "pencil" icon at the top of the menu to put the list into Editing mode.
You will now see some additional controls in the menu and next to each item:
- At the top, you can click the X to cancel any changes made so far
- You can click the Save (disc) icon to save all your changes
- You can click the + to add a new link:
- Set the Title and URL for your link, and choose an Icon. Finally, choose whether the link should open in a new browser tab.
- Once you have configured your link click Save below the fields, and make sure you Save all changes to My Links in the first menu.
- If your organisation has Suggested Links configured, you can select and add these just below the form.
- To the left of each item is a handle which lets you move the items to reorder them
- To the right of each item is the Delete (bin) icon and the Edit (pencil) icon.
Managing Suggested Links
Adding new Suggested Links requires at least Member permissions in the Atlas Configuration workspace and cannot be done by normal users.
- Navigate to the Atlas Configuration workspace. By default this is deployed under your Microsoft 365 tenant at /sites/atlasconfiguration
- On the left hand menu, click "Suggested My Links" to see the current list.
- To delete a Suggested Link, right click on it or click the 3 dots, then choose Delete
- To edit a Suggested Link, right click on it or click the 3 dots, then choose Edit
- To add a new Suggested Link, click + New at the top of the list then fill in the form:
- The Title, URL and Icon must always be set
- The Order determines which order the Suggested Link is shown relative to the others
- Show must be set to "Yes" for the item to appear for users
- Set Open in new tab to "Yes" or "No"
- If you only want to suggest this link to a subset of all users, set users or groups in the Content Targeting field. It is highly recommended to use groups rather than individuals to make it easier to manage.
- When you have filled in the form, click Save to add the new Suggested Link. It will now start to appear when users configure their My Links.
Please sign in to leave a comment.