Note: Most of the images in this article are from Atlas version 4.1 unless specifically mentioned
Documents and Emails can be uploaded using Add It. In Atlas, emails are stored as a specific type of document in the main Documents library.
First, click the Add It button in the top right of the page:
Once the wizard loads confirm or choose the workspace you want to add to. By default Add It will select the workspace you were working in when you clicked the Add It button.
- Choose Documents to add a File Item or an email and choose the location you want the item to be saved (in this example I upload a File item directly into the general folder of the workspace library)
- In the default Atlas configuration, you will only have one Content Type and one Library available for Documents, so these two options will be auto-selected. If you have set up additional content types of libraries you'll need to make some choices here:
- Next you should upload your document. From Atlas 4.0 onwards you are able to upload either from a OneDrive/SharePoint source by clicking the main button, or click the arrow on the right to upload directly from your device storage:
- Prior to Atlas 4.0 you'll need to upload from your device directly. Click Browse and select the document from your device to upload it. The exact upload screen you see depends on the device you are using:
- Next you need to choose the Folder to upload to. If your Atlas workspace is connected to a Microsoft Team you will see a folder for each Channel in the Team, and any subfolders added under each Channel. If not, you may only see one option for the root folder. Select the folder you want to add your document to:
- Next you need to review the document tags. We recommend that you enter the Title although it is not required, but you are required to choose the Information Type if there is no default in the library you're uploading to.
- Next, fill in the global tags - if you want to push your document to specific pages or workspaces you should remove the generic tag and choose the tags matching those pages or workspaces, e.g. tag your Finance Department if you want the document to appear on pages with the "Finance" Department tag.
- If you don't need to push to specific pages or workspaces you can just leave the default values:
- In Atlas 3.X+ document libraries do not support drafts by default, so you won't see any options in Add It around publishing. However, if you configure your library to allow drafts, you can then choose whether or not to Publish the document you're uploading directly from Add It. If you choose "No" the document will be left in Draft state until you publish it from the Document Library:
- Finally, click Submit to upload your document:
After uploading a document, you will see a confirmation message, after which you will be returned to the start of the Add It wizard, allowing you to quickly begin uploading another document if needed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.