Communications Workspaces in Atlas are often expected to be visible to everyone in your organisation, but when first deployed they will only be accessible to the users specified in ConneX so that they can start preparing content in a closed environment.
Once you are ready to go live, you should open up permissions to allow all expected users and groups to view the information.
Communication workspaces are based on Microsoft Communication sites which do not have a Microsoft Team or Office 365 Group associated with them, so the permissions are managed through SharePoint.
Give Read permissions for your entire organisation
To allow your entire organisation to view the Communications workspace, you will need to add them with Read permissions. To do this you will need to be an Owner of the workspace or a SharePoint or Microsoft 365 Administrator.
- Navigate to the relevant Communications workspace
- Click the cogwheel icon in the Microsoft 365 bar and click Site permissions
- In the panel that appears on the right, at the bottom of the content displayed click the link to visit Advanced permissions settings
- You will be taken to the backend permissions for the workspace, where you will see Owners, Members and Visitors groups.
- Click on the Visitors group, then at the top click New, then click Add users
- Type "Everyone except external users" in the Name field. Usually you would then click SHOW OPTIONS and uncheck the Send an email invitation checkbox because this gives you control over not only when users get the link to the site, but also because you may want to send a branded message with a link, rather than the auto-generated Microsoft email.
- Click Share to grant Read permissions to the group, which means all users in your organisation can now see the site.
- Finally you should send the link to users so they can access the site. Alternatively you could set it as their browser homepage using Group Policy.
Please sign in to leave a comment.