Atlas 4.2 brings a number of important updates to ConneX. Please see this updated article if you have Atlas 4.2 or later: Configuration options for the ConneX web part (Atlas 4.2 update)
ConneX allows authorised users to create and manage Atlas or Microsoft Teams workspaces. It is accessible from many workspaces by default by clicking All Workspaces in the left hand menu:
This will take you to a page already containing the ConneX web part. This web part has a number of configuration options which will be described here.
Please note that the ConneX and My ConneX web parts have the same configuration options and allow you to switch between them.
In this article:
To get started configuring the web part for a specific page, ensure the page is currently in Edit mode, then hover over the web part on the page and click the "pencil" icon to the left of it to open the configuration panel:
Once you have finished configuring the web part, make sure you Publish the page to ensure the changes are saved and visible to all users.
The first section shows the Styling options, allowing you change the web part Title. You can also choose whether to show a blank web part if there are no results (default no), and whether to show the results count (default no).
The second section shows the Paging settings, first allowing you to Show paging, which is On by default, giving us access to additional settings:
- Show paging should be enabled to configure the later settings
- Set the number of items per page - if paging is disabled this is just the total number of items shown
- If paging is enabled, set the number of pages to display in range e.g. how many pages are numbered in the control:
- If we have 36 items per page and 6 pages then 216 items total can be browsed by the user.
When paging is enabled you can choose to hide certain elements of the paging controls:
In the third section we can set the Layout options:
- The ConneX Layout option lets you switch between the My ConneX and ConneX functionality. You can learn about the differences here: Use ConneX to manage workspaces
- The Display Mode option lets you decide whether to use the full ConneX Cards or instead display each item as a row. In the ConneX configuration the default is to show cards.
Next we can choose whether or not to show some specific controls:
- Choose whether to show a New button for direct access to workspace creation
- Choose whether to show a Search Box to allow the user to filter with a text query
- Choose whether metadata Filters are shown
- Choose whether Sorting options are shown
- Choose whether to Show results - if you turn this Off then no workspace cards or rows will be shown in the web part, but you could still show the New button for example. Usually it is best to show some results but reduce the number shown.
Finally we can manage the Refiners and Labels, and hide results if we just want to use the web part for workspace creation:
- Choose whether to Show results - if you turn this Off then no workspace cards or rows will be shown in the web part, but you could still show the New workspace button for example. Usually it is best to show some results but reduce the number shown.
To configure the Refiners click Edit refiners to bring up the following panel:
- To remove a refiner, click the X on the right hand side of the correct row
- To change the Labels for a refiner, click Edit on the correct row. You can then set the label for each language
- To add a refiner, scroll to the bottom of the panel and in the grey line below the existing refiners:
- Start by choosing from the Select a refiner dropdown - if you do not see the field you need to use please contact support, but all fields relevant to Atlas workspaces should be available.
- Next, click Edit and set the labels for each language
- Finally, click the + on the far right of the new row to add the refiner, then click Save to save your changes.
To customise the labels, click Customise labels to bring up the following panel:
To change one of the labels click Edit on the relevant row then make your changes and click Save. The changes will only apply to this specific instance of the web part.
Please sign in to leave a comment.