Atlas is a digital workspace built on and for Microsoft 365 and that means that you'll need to have some level of SharePoint and Teams knowledge to be able to use Atlas effectively.
Our documentation, training and knowledge base articles are focusing on Atlas specific guidance and not on generic Microsoft training but you can find a lot of information online to improve your skills if that is necessary.
To successfully implement Atlas we highly recommend that you have a technical owner inside your organization who ensures that the necessary knowledge of the Microsoft 365 suite is available.
Below we try to point out some of the areas you need to ensure you have the appropriate knowledge on and at the very bottom I also list some useful Microsoft resources that you might want to review.
You should consider additional training if you think you don't have the below expertise available within your organization.
General understanding off MS Azure and M365 suite
- Azure fundamentals
- M365 admin center
- Retention policies (SharePoint)
- Configure notifications in M365
- Configure Search (SharePoint)
- How permissions work in SharePoint online & Teams
- Which groups are created when creating a workspace
- Different roles inside SharePoint & Teams
- Microsoft terminology
- Global knowledge on the M365 suite
- How to use MS Teams
- How is a SharePoint workspace created
- What different content types exist
- What workspace templates exist
- How versioning works
- Basic understanding of permissions in SharePoint & Teams
- Owner - Contributor - Reader
- Owner - Member - Visitor
Some useful resources
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 admin center - Overview
- Microsoft 365 admin center help
- Create and configure retention policies
- Manage retention policies for MS Teams
- Learn about retention policies for SharePoint and OneDrive
- Retention Policies and retention labels
- Retention in SharePoint Online: The WHERE
- Retention in SharePoint Online: The WHAT
- Retention in SharePoint Online: the HOW
- Retention in SharePoint Online: The WHEN
- Control notifications - SharePoint
- Control notifications - OneDrive
- Notifications and MS Teams
- Search and SharePoint
- Manage the Search Center in SharePoint
- Specify search settings for a site collection or a site - SharePoint in Microsoft 365
- Manage the search schema in SharePoint - SharePoint in Microsoft 365
- Sharing & permissions in the SharePoint modern experience - SharePoint in Microsoft 365
- Customize SharePoint site permissions - SharePoint in Microsoft 365
- Manage sharing settings - SharePoint in Microsoft 365
- File & folder permission when using SharePoint Migration Tool - Migrate to Microsoft 365
- Introduction to SharePoint - SharePoint in Microsoft 365
Please sign in to leave a comment.