Please note that this is considered Advanced Configuration for Atlas and requires Microsoft 365 Administrator permissions.
This feature requires Atlas 3.0 or later. If you would like to arrange an upgrade please speak to your support team or CSM.
Atlas 3.0 brings a new Tenant Properties page which allows a number of Atlas settings to be managed from a single location only accessible to Microsoft 365 Administrators. Please be aware that these are very much considered Advanced settings and should not be changed without good reason. Changing these settings could cause parts of Atlas to break if not set correctly.
In this article:
- Access the Tenant Properties page
- Settings available from this page
- Permissions Issue (Error making HttpClient request in queryable )
- Still need help?
Access the Tenant Properties page
- Navigate to the Atlas Configuration workspace. This workspace can be found by searching for "configuration" in Atlas ConneX, or by manually navigating to the site at /sites/atlasconfiguration in your M365 tenant.
- Go to Site contents in the top right menu:
- Click on the Site Pages library (at the bottom of this list) to open it, find the page Tenant-Properties.aspx and open the page. If you see the following message then you do not have sufficient permissions to make the changes and will need to speak to an Administrator:
- If you have sufficient permissions then you'll see something more like this:
Settings available from this page
In this section we'll list all the settings that can be managed from this page. Each setting has a description in the page with further information on what it does but please get in touch if you are unsure.
Warning, advice and best practice
Some of these tenant properties are critical to specific functionality so should not be altered, however, some properties should be altered depending on your requirements. Due to the sensitive and complex administrative capability within the tenant properties area we advise you coordinate with your implementation lead or CSA for any changes.
Those we advise should be reviewed for alteration are highlighted in bold, but there are other properties which may need to be altered depending on specific use cases
Permissions Issue (Error making HttpClient request in queryable )
If you receive the following error trying to edit any of these Tenant Properties, please ensure your user profile has the following permissions:
- Global Administrator
- Owner of the App Catalog site
In order to set yourself as an owner of the App Catalog site, you must already be a Global Administrator. If you are a Global Administrator, then follow these steps:
- Access the following location in your ATLAS site: https://YourATLAS/sites/appcatalog/SitePages/Home.aspx
- Click the cog-wheel on the top right
- Click site permissions
- Click Advanced permission settings
From there you should be brought to a screen like the below:
Inside the Owner group, select "New" and add yourself as a member of that group. You are now an Owner of the App Catalog site.
You can now attempt to edit the Tenant Property again, you should not see this error.
Still need help?
If you still need assistance with any of the above please contact support or your CSM.
Please sign in to leave a comment.