In this Guide:
The purpose of this article is to show how to create a Microsoft Flow which is connecting to the Atlas ConneX API in order to create a workspace. The example that we are going to create, basically uses a SharePoint list to store the information which is passed to the Create Workspace action to call Atlas ConneX API with it. Follow the next steps in order to replicate it.
Steps to follow
- We are going to create a SharePoint list called Workspaces in a Site Collection. That SharePoint list will have the default Title column with an extra column that we have added called Input (Multiline text column). This new column will contain the JSON request for the new created site. I have added an item that will create a Knowledge Workspace.
2. Next step is to create the Microsoft Flow. For that, we would need to go to Microsoft Flow Url , go to My flows section, click in New flow and select Instant cloud flow
3. Add a flow name and click Skip to create a flow from scratch
4. We select SharePoint section and in the triggers section, we select For a selected item as we want to execute the flow for an item selected from the list. We would need to configure the step with the site collection where it is located in the list.
5. In a new step, we need to add the Action Get item in order to get all fields related to that item and configure the action with the required fields.
6. In another new step, we would need to add another action called Initialize variable with the following configuration.
7. One new step including another action called Parse JSON in order to get the input JSON object parsed and available to be used from ConneX API. We can copy the JSON into the Schema field that was used in the previous article and click in Genera from sample button which will generate the required schema.
8. The final step, from Custom tab select Atlas ConneX and WorkSpaceCreation action
9. We would need to complete the Workspace creation action passing the fields coming from JSON object parsed previously.
10. To conclude we would need to save the flow, go to the list, select the item and execute the flow for the selected item.
Please sign in to leave a comment.