This article explains how to create a new Atlas workspace template for ConneX. Each template is based on an existing workspace which should be kept in a consistent state even after creating the template from it, and not used by users. This ensures that the source workspace can be used to update the template if changes are needed in future.
Therefore, before starting on the steps below you need to create a workspace using an Atlas template with all desired features and content configured as required for your own custom template. Learn how to do this from the following article: Configure a workspace to be used as a template in ConneX Studio
For an overview of ConneX Studio as a whole please see here: ConneX Studio overview
Please note that this feature is currently in preview.
Create a new template from a workspace
- Start by loading up Atlas and navigating to the specific workspace you want to use as a template. This will become the Source Workspace for the template and should be maintained for that purpose. Inside the workspace, click on the My Atlas button in the top right, then open the Settings tab:
- Click on Workspace templates:
- This will load the templates "dashboard" which shows all of the templates available in your Atlas system, including both custom templates and the out of the box Atlas templates. Please note that the Atlas templates cannot be deleted.
- To start creating your template, click the New Workspace Template button in the top right. You will now see a panel appear on the right of the page:
- At the top you'll see the Name and URL of the current workspace which will become the source for this template.
- Next you need to select a Type to determine where your template appears in ConneX
- Enter the Name for your template - the name should make it clear to ConneX users what the template should be used for. You can also configure translations if required.
- Enter a Description for your template to give more detail about when or how to use it. You can also configure translations if required.
- Continuing down the panel:
- Click Browse Image to choose an image for the template thumbnail which will be seen in ConneX
- Set the State to "Enabled" to ensure your template can be seen in ConneX. You can change this later by editing the template if you don't want it to appear immediately.
- Enter the Groups who should be able to use the template from ConneX. Please note that they will need to already be in one of the groups providing access to ConneX in order to then use the template.
- Set whether to allow sharing with external users in workspaces created from this template.
- Set the Order the template should appear in relative to the other templates. This is usually easier to set later by editing the template, since while in this screen you do not know the order of the other templates.
- Once you've filled in all reuqired fields you'll be able to click Save as template to create the template as defined:
You'll now be able to load ConneX, click the New Workspace button, select the correct workspace type and select your custom template to create new workspaces from.
Still need help?
Please get in touch with support or your CSM for further advice or assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.