Atlas 4.0 enhances the way people can consume knowledge and collaboration in a digital workspace.
Welcome to the 4.0 knowledge hub where you can find all information needed in relation to the Atlas 4.0 release
- Atlas 4.0 - Town Hall
- Atlas 4.0 - Upgrade Process & Information
- Atlas 4.0 - Technical Highlights
- Atlas 4.0 - Highlights & Features
- Atlas 4.0 - Technical Architecture Diagram
- Atlas 4.0 - Deployment process walk-through video & guide
- Atlas 4.0 - Release Notes
- Atlas 4.0 - RFC and Change Management
- Why timely Atlas updates / upgrades are important?
Atlas 4.0 - Town Hall
- Find out what's in Atlas 4.0, with our Town Hall video recording presented by our ClearPeople Product Director, Stephen Bedford, and Product Manager, Guillermo Bas Ortis.
Atlas 4.0 - Upgrade Process & Information
- Our Atlas product vision is all about empowerment and self-service
- For ATLAS 4.0, our Clients will be able to have FULL control of their upgrade, independent of ClearPeople resource. This is especially exciting for Enterprise clients, who have more stringent access policies for suppliers, and who prefer to manage updates like this out-of-hours to help avoid disruption to end-users
- This self-service approach affords a safer, faster and more flexible option that puts you in control. But that doesn't mean you are on your own! The ClearPeople Success Team will be on hand to help you manage the Change Management aspect of upgrading (Promoting new features to your internal Stake holders, Technical assistance throughout the update, and Training on new features to ensure your users enjoy a rich experience with ATLAS)
- More detail is provided on this article: Atlas 4.0 - Upgrade Process & Supporting Information
Atlas 4.0 - Technical Highlights
- We have created a more secure, resilient version which includes major security and infrastructure updates in-line with Microsoft technologies. This includes an update to .Net 6, as .Net 3.1 which will no longer be supported from Microsoft from December onwards.
- More detail is provided on this article: Atlas 4.0 - Technical Highlights
Atlas 4.0 - Highlights & Features
- The 4.0 release includes numerous enhancements and additional features to existing tools, introducing new functionality we believe will deliver numerous benefits no matter how you are utilising Atlas. You can jump directly to some key features below
- Both Add It and Quick Add It now support adding files from other workspaces such us OneDrive and SharePoint in addition to uploading files from your local device.
- My Preferences now will support all five taxonomy fields that are core to Atlas (Location, Department, Entity, Activity and Subject)
- HoverPoint is also receiving a major update with a new free-style drawing mode that will enable users to create custom shapes around any figures in the images as well as the option to create link maps with a new type of interaction.
- Another long awaited feature is landing in ConneX, now you will be able to create Teams Channels from ConneX directly from each workspace card including Private channels with default taxonomy sets that will apply to the channel documents.
Atlas 4.0 - Deployment Process Walk-Through Video & Guide (limited access)
The steps to be followed for all ATLAS updates are listed in a RunBook. For ATLAS 4.0 we've gone one step further and provide videos of one of Technical Consultants performing the upgrade. These are a fantastic resource to refer to if you are unsure of anything. These videos are available on request so please let us know if you'd like access to them.
Atlas 4.0 - Release Notes
The Full release notes are available here: Atlas 4.0 - Full Release Notes
Atlas 4.0 - RFC and Change Management
Like any impactful major software update, its success can be influenced by the time we invest preparing, planning and communicating.
Many of our clients already have established Change Management processes and ClearPeople supports this. These processes expect clear documentation of any change, to ensure risk is understood and mitigated, and to help identify why, how and when the update can happen internally.
In anticipation, we have prepared an RFC ready for CAB presentation. Not everyone needs this, so please let us know if you'd like a copy. We will ask you anyway, as part of our discussions with you
Why timely Atlas updates / upgrades are important?
- We acknowledge staying on top of each release might, for several reasons, not be possible for some of our clients. When you upgrade you need to go to the latest published version of Atlas!
- A big part of our updates are enhancements that keep ATLAS optimised. The Microsoft 365 environment on which it sits is constantly evolving and we need to act on changes Microsoft pushes to ensure you benefit from a secure and performant platform.
Another part of our updates are fixes. These mostly relate to ATLAS features or functionality, and are often caused by design changes deployed by Microsoft that have an unintended effect on ATLAS behaviour.
- We explore this in more detail in a dedicated article which you can read here: Why timely Atlas updates / upgrades are important?
Article is closed for comments.