Atlas 4.2 is a minor release that will provide stabilisation hot fixes and a range of enhancements to HoverPoint, ConneX and Add It.
HoverPoint gets a new modal pop-out display and ConneX brings Pinned Workspaces, Folder Creation, smaller card options and options for specifying the specific workspace to display.
Add It is now a fully dynamic engine that also lets you configure the specific types of content you want users to add similar to Quick Add It.
We also have a refreshed UI for Launchpad requested by popular demand.
From Ideation to Realisation
- Atlas is all about connecting knowledge to people and people to people, so it's important that we listen to users of our product and their suggestions for improvements and new features.
- UserVoice is the platform that connects Atlas users directly with our product team. Over 90 ideas have been added to Atlas since we started use this tool.
- Every Atlas user can provide ideas for new features or enhancements to existing features as well as vote or comment on other ideas.
- You can access the Atlas UserVoice portal here: Atlas UserVoice. The only requirement to access the forum is that you provide the Customer Success team with your company e-mail domain (e.g., @clearpeople.com) or individual email addresses for invitees.
- Please keep in mind that usernames are visible on the portal and can be viewed by all Atlas UserVoice users. If you have any concerns, please contact the Customer Success team.
- HoverPoint Modal Window
- ConneX Updates
- Add It Updates
- Launchpad UI Refresh
- Other Updates
HoverPoint Modal Window
A new feature has been added to HoverPoint that enables you to configure a modal window popout similar to Mandatory Read, that opens within the page.
This enables content editors to design landing experiences that are able to deliver lots of content to the user without them leaving the page/site that they are in.
A number of updates have been delivered:
- Pinned Workspaces with smaller cards
- Folder Creation
- Atlasification of existing sites
- This Workspace display
ConneX Pinned Workspaces
Users can now Pin specific workspaces to their ConneX dashboard directly from the card menu. These will then be displayed above the workspace list. Workspaces can then be unpinned as required.
ConneX Folder Creation
Individual folders can now be created directly from the ConneX card where specific metadata defaults for the folder can be applied that will autotag any content added into them. Being able to do this through the ConneX UI instead of the SharePoint document library back-end is a big advantage for workspace owners and content administrators.
Pre-existing SharePoint Team sites can now be “Atlasified” meaning that Atlas content types,page templates and header/footer will be automatically applied to the selected site where Atlas metadata can be added with the option to also add metadata to documents within the default document library.
For SharePoint Communication sites a script can be run to perform the same updates.
ConneX Display Options
ConneX cards now have a new compact card display option and within the webpart you can now also specify This Workspace which will limit the display result to the workspace that the page exists in.
Add It Updates
A number of updates have been delivered:
- Workspace selection with pre-configured types, now working dynamically
- Item level permissions
- Publish All button
Add It Workspace Selection
Add It can now be configured to list:
- All Workspaces
- Specific Workspaces
- This Workspace
Add It Workspace Configuration
Within Add It if This Workspace is selected, you can now configure the types of content that can be added to the workspace based upon the content types that exist within the workspace and any additional containers (such as Lists) that may exist. This brings parity to the configuration within Quick Add It
Add It Item Level Permissions
If enabled, users can now break permissions inheritance in a workspace and specify who else (other than workspace owners) will be allowed to edit a document/page/item and also add additional readers who may not have permission to the workspace by default.
Launchpad UI Refresh
The Launchpad has been updated to provide clearer card layouts as you hover and a new search bar to quickly find the app that you need.
Should you have questions or feedback on any of the above features or enhancements, please contact your ClearPeople representative today for more information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.