Going live with Atlas can be a daunting process and we understand it can be stressful to make sure it goes well after all your time spent on configuration and content creation to get the system ready and working well for your organisation.
This list is not guaranteed to be exhaustive for every organisation but it is a good baseline.
You may wish to prepare and send out communications as you approach the go-live date to keep users aware that change is coming. Some suggestions:
- Posters or screensaver promoting the new system including the go-live date
- Emails or other alternative communications
- Prepare a "Welcome to the new system" News Article in the new system
Transition to Live
- Ensure the Global Navigation has been configured to meet your requirements and signpost the main areas and content
- Ensure the Atlas Home (logo) link points to the system homepage
- Ensure the Search panel configuration meets your requirements and includes any custom Listing pages you've created to help users find specific content
- Remove user permissions the previous system or any M365 workspaces associated with a previous system (if applicable)
- Grant users permissions to the required workspaces in the new system
- Update the default browser homepage for company devices to point to the Atlas homepage
- Ensure all content is published so that all users can see it
- Ensure at least one Feedback subject is configured so that users can provide feedback on any problems, missing content etc.
We're always here to help with any concerns. Please contact your project team or raise a support ticket.